Disney World Summer School 2018! We return to Disney in Florida to perform at Halloween 2018, with an intensive week of rehearsals in summer, followed by four all-day Sunday rehearsals.
Cast will be aged 10-24, and will perform a 25 minute musical theatre showcase in the USA, take workshops with Disney show directors in the USA, and explore the parks with their new friends!
Applications to audition open on 22nd December!
Cost from £1250 per performer
Disney World Summer School 2018
Credit cards & childcare vouchers accepted.
£130.00 per week (15.00 hours)
Acting, Musical Theatre, Performing!
Full time rehearsals for five days in summer, followed by four all-day Sunday rehearsals in autumn, and then a full week in the USA! More than 75 hours of guided training, and Arts Award qualifications for performers at the end!
Travel to the USA on Friday 19th October, return to the UK on Thursday 26th October. Perform for the public at Disney World in Florida, and take class with Disney show directors!
- August 13-17th 10-6 daily - Rehearsals in Bracknell
- September 9th & 23rd 10-5 - Rehearsals in Bracknell
- October 7th & 14th 10-5 - Rehearsals in Bracknell
- October 19th - Fly direct from Gatwick to Orlando
- Performance date tbc.
- 2 Workshops with Disney directors!
- Shopping trip to the outlet mall
- Park visits (all four theme parks)
- Mickey’s Halloween Party tickets at Magic Kingdom (trick or treating with unlimited sweets - in costume!).
- October 25th - return to the UK, to be collected 7am from Gatwick
Join us for our next trip to perform at Disney World in Florida!
You can also choose to take either a Level 1 or 2 Arts Award qualification!
We are looking for a cast of 25 musical theatre performers aged 10-24 to perform a 25 minute showcase of the best of British Musical Theatre at Disney World in Florida for Halloween 2018!
You will also take classes in Florida with Disney directors in Musical Theatre and Dance (learning real routines used in Disney).
When you aren’t in class or onstage - you will be exploring the four Disney Parks - Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios with your fellow cast (and chaperones), and on one evening you will go Trick or Treating at the Magic Kingdom at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party! There is even a shopping trip to the outlet mall so you can stock up on Christmas presents for friends and family.
- We will hold all the rehearsals at Whitegrove Youth and Community Centre, in Bracknell.
- You will need to be able to travel independently to and from the venue daily. We can’t offer accommodation unfortunately.
- The performance and musical theatre and acting workshops will be held in Disney World, Florida, USA.
- All transport when in the USA is provided.
Who’s it for?
Ambitious hardworking and committed 10-25 year olds who love to perform. This course requires commitment to intensive rehearsals and arriving off-book on songs.
All our tutors are qualified and exciting industry professionals. Real directors, actors, choreographers and events managers
The Qualification you can earn
- Trinity (TCL) Level 1 Award in the Arts (Bronze Arts Award) (ages 10-13)
- Trinity (TCL) Level 2 Award in the Arts (Silver Arts Award) (ages 13-19)
As a group you will work on a musical medley performance which will presented to the public in the new town centre, before you head off to Disney World! You will work with choreographers, and a musical and movement director, and look at your dance technique (appropriate to your ability), singing technique and musicality. For those who would like a qualification, you can opt to take a Bronze or Silver Arts award at no extra cost. These are real qualifications, which are recognised by schools, colleges and universities.
Who will our cast for 2018 be?
We are looking for 25-30 performers altogether (minimum 20, maxiumum 30). You must be able to either sing well, or dance well (or both!).
We will be casting for 10 performers aged 10-12, and 15 performers aged 13-25.
If you are a wheelchair user, or have mobility challenges - you can apply! Our choreographers are highly skilled at bringing out the best in ALL our performers! Past cast have included dancers with Parkinsons, hypermobility and those who found walking challenging. Disney is a very inclusive place!
Auditions & Rehearsals
All core classes for the Disney Summer school are held in Bracknell.
We will be holding two audition afternoons, one in February and one in March 2018. Please apply through the link above and state your first and second preference of date. Places will be allocated in the order they are received.
Auditions will last an hour and a half, and will consist of group singing and movement classes (all applicants), with an additional half hour for short solo auditions in singing and or dance for those are of a solo standard (optional).
Sunday 4th Feb 2pm-3.30pm, South Hill Park Arts Centre. You MUST let us know you are coming, as we have a strict upper limit to ensure the MD and Choreogrpaher assess everyone.
Final audition - Sunday 4th March South Hill Park.
There are various options available. ALL places must be secured (after audition and on offer of a place) with a deposit of £150. This secures flights and rooms and is not refunded by the airlines or hotel in the event of cancellation.
ALL: Deposit (due on acceptance) £150 PLUS;
- 20 cast members, our minimum cast size: See below for a breakdown of costs £1300
A split payment plan can be arranged. You can pay for the summer school by BACS, Standing Order or Childcare Vouchers (under 16's). Payments can be staggered between February and September. All fees are due in full by 7th September. We are not able to stretch further or offer credit. Bursaries are not available.
Frequently asked questions
My child is 9 - almost 10 - can she audition?
If a child will be 10 when we travel - yes. We have taken children as young as 8 before - but on this trip we have decided to keep to 10+.
Will cast be chaperoned?
YES! We have kept numbers of younger cast deliberately low, to keep chaperone ratios high. For cast aged 16 and under - there is one qualified chaperone per 5 cast members, plus additional mentor students (18+) who are DBS and first aid trained who will assist.
Is there a sibling discount?
No - sorry. We are charging at cost, and want to keep fees as low and fair to everyone.
Can families come?
If parents want to attend in Florida and make a holiday week of it- they are welcome to do so! However - they will haveto make their own arrangements for travel, flights, visas, activities and hotel. We can pass on a schools discount for park tickets.
We have found that when families come to support - while it is wonderful on the day of the show - we now ask that they leave the cast member with others in the group at all other times. It can be isolating for one child to miss group activities and bonding to attend family daily trips/lunches etc.
Non cast/staff will not be able to join in workshops and other activities planned (unless they make their own arrangements - such as purchasing tickets for the Halloween party) as our staff need to keep a tight control over numbers and other practical considerations. Staff will be on duty 24/7 and not able to socialise with parents. Bed times and breakfast can be taken with family. If you are worried your child would be homesick without you being there - even with chaperone support - this might not be the right trip to them.
My husband/wife/friend works for an airline - can my child fly with us on a different flight?
Yes - see the options on payments. We usually fly direct, but if you have free or discounted flights - you are welcome to use them instead. A discount of £500 is available for cast flying with families (who are buying their plane ticket). If an over 16 wants to fly alone - they will need to make their own way to the hotel however (via Disney transport which is included). We would not be able to wait at the airport with the group for a second plane to arrive. We must check everyone in together.
If my family comes to support - can my cast member have a hotel discount?
Sadly no- the hotel is worked out on shared number basis, and is a small part of the fee. To remove a number of cast would leave others having to pay more.
My son/daughter uses a wheelchair/has mobility issues - can they audition?
Absolutely! If anyone with physical challenges wishes to audition they may. As long as cast can either sing, dance or act well (very well in one area), we can include them! If a person requires a full time carer to support mobility - parents would need to fund the carer and a room for the carer as well (as non-Artemis staff they would not be able to share).
What is included in the fee?
- All rehearsals (intensive summer week, four Sundays, time in USA)
- Costumes (to keep)
- Shared room in a Disney World hotel.
- All performance materials (music edits, props, sheet music, licencing etc)
- Direct return flights from Gatwick
- Busses in and around Disney parks, hotel and property
- Private busses to the rehearsals, performance, trips off property
- Two workshops with Disney directors in Disney World
- Arts Award exams
- multi park tickets including Fast Pass
- Ticket to Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party (unlimited trick or treat in Magic Kingdom)
- Tutors, chaperones, and 24/7 care while abroad.
- Online photos of the events, and unlimited digital photos in the parks (Memory Maker)
- Online downloadable film of the performance
What is not Included in the fee?:
- Transport to and from rehearsals
- Transport to and from Gatwick
- Food or drink in rehearsals
- Food or drink in the USA (we suggest a budget of $40 a day (to include snacks), and can purchase food cards if parents prefer - these can only be used for food and not souvenirs)
- Converse style shoes (block colours) and black leggings/jazz pants (required as uniform). We supply all other costume.
- Costumes for Trick or Treating (Halloween Party).
- ESTA visa - this must be obtained in advance and a copy given to the administrator 2 months before the trip. Cast will not be able to travel without, and will not be able to be refunded!
- Passport - a valid passport with a minimum of 6 months to run (post October 2018) will be needed. A copy will be required on acceptance to book flights.
- Travel Insurance - Artemis will cover some trip related insurance (such as a teacher tripping up and landing on a student!) - but NOT medical OR Travel Cancellation. This is available for around £15-£20 per cast member (subject to health). Please ask for links to good sources for insurance if you are getting silly quotes. A copy of the insurance will be required one month before the trip. Cast will not be able to travel without, and will not be able to be refunded!